Lecturer - Applied ScienceWest Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds37 hours per week, PermanentSALARY: £24,591.48 - £36,581.19 depending on experienceStart Date - 16/08/2021
West Suffolk College is looking for a dynamic and passionate general Applied Science Lecturer to join our fantastic Science team.
You will be required teach on, and develop, the range of Applied Science programmes from level 2 to level 3. You will need to motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression. A Forensic Science specialism would be advantageous for this role.
We are looking for someone to build positive and collaborative relationships with learners, parents, colleagues, and external agencies.Role Responsibilities
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Teach and assess on a range of programmes as required by the college. These may include: BTEC Level 2 and Level 3 Diplomas, or HNC programmes.
- Participate in the development of existing and new course programmes and assume responsibility for areas of work as appropriate.
- Participate in course team meetings, curriculum planning and materials development as appropriate.
- Assist with the marketing and publicity of all courses within the Department as required.
- Attend Employer, Parent, Career and other evenings and events as appropriate.
- Participate in the development and delivery of short course programmes.
- Act as mentor to new members of staff and give support to other new team members.
- Liaise with schools, verifiers, assessors, industrial bodies and employers as appropriate.
- Carry out general duties attached to the post on the College premises.
- Undertake at least 30 hours personal, professional development annually, making a strong commitment to the development and accreditation of management and IT skills.
- Adhere to the Risk Management Policy and notify your line manager of any identified risk.
- Be responsible for own health and safety at work and always comply with the College's health and safety policy.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade as required by the Head of School or Faculty.
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications
- A Teaching qualification
- Maths and English qualifications to an appropriate level
- A Forensic Science specialism would be advantageous for this role.
- Relevant experience within a science sector and/or teaching experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- An interest and knowledge of current developments within the subject area
- Good IT skills
- Sounds organisational, administrative and IT skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a highly motivated team and at the same time show individual initiative Capacity to teach across a wide range of ages and abilities, including mature students and 14-16's
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a completed application form to email@example.com , if you have not heard from a member of the HR team within 14 working days, please presume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Closing Date: Monday 24th May 2021Interview Date: TBC
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website - www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms
The closing date for applications to this role is 24/05/2021