Lecturer - Electrical InstallationWest Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds35 hours per weekSalary: up to £36,581 (depending on skills and experience)Start Date: 23/08/2021
Do you have a wealth of experience within Electrical Installation and looking for a change? Why not pass on your skills and knowledge to the next generation? If this sounds like you, please get in touch now!
West Suffolk College are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about passing on their knowledge and skills to the next generation. We are looking for an innovative and creative professional to help lead the department into the future!
In return for your hard work and dedication you can look forward to a wealth of benefits that include; extensive training and support, a generous pension scheme, excellent staff development opportunities, cycle to work scheme and more. Role Responsibilities
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Deliver and assess on a range of programmes as required by the Electrotechnical Curriculum Manager, delivering City and Guilds Electrical Installation courses.
- Act as tutor and/or Course Director to one or more groups of full time and/or part time students.
- Participate in the development of existing and new course programmes and to assume responsibility for areas of work as appropriate.
- Participate in course team meetings, curriculum planning and materials development as appropriate.
- Assist with marketing and publicity of all courses within the Department as required.
- Attend Parent, Career and other evenings as appropriate.
- Participate in the development and delivery of short course programmes.
- Act as mentor to new members of staff and give support to other new team members.
- Liaise with schools, moderators, assessors, industrial bodies and employers as appropriate.
- Liaise with internal and/or external verifiers as appropriate.
- Participate in College and School initiatives, to ensure updating of skills in line with personal and professional development.
- Carry out general duties attached to the post on the College premises.
- Adhere to the Risk Management Policy and notify line managers of any identified risk.
- Be responsible for own health and safety at work and comply with the College's health and safety policy at all times. Undertake any other duties as directed by the Principal or by delegated authority.
- Level 3 vocational qualification in Electrical Installation
- Must be willing to work towards achieving PTLLS and assessor qualifications in the first year progressing to IQA and full CertEd within 3 years
- The ability to provide clear instructional advice and support to individuals and groups.
- The ability to develop programmes in an imaginative and exciting mode.
- A knowledge of computer systems and their operation.
- Significant industry/workplace experience.
- Experience of working with young people.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have not heard from a member of the HR team within 14 working days, please presume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Closing Date: Monday 24th May 2021Interview Date: TBC
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website - www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms recruitment @wsc.ac.uk
The closing date for applications to this role is 24/05/2021