We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Becoming a Street Works Inspector with Capita
As Street Works Inspector you will be part of our Traffic Management & Compliance service based in Barnet (Colindale). Reporting to the Senior Street Works Inspector, you will be inspecting street works and highways works across the network to ensure we achieve our statutory objectives and our promoters adhere to the appropriate legislative requirements. Working alongside the street works coordinators, you will be reporting on performance and compliance metrics in line with relevant legislation to aid the service to run in a smooth and efficient manner.
What you'll be doing:
• Ensuring the inspection of Street Works and other licensed activities is undertaken in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements.
• Provide supervision, guidance and support to promoters.
• Ensure that communication processes within the team are efficient, timely and responsive to the needs of Members, council officers, service users and other stakeholders.
• Ensure safe and efficient delivery of service by achieving high standards of health and safety and reducing risk.
• Ensure that Risk Assessments are reviewed and safe methods of working through detailed method statements are developed and reviewed annually.
• To assist in the management of the street works and road works across the borough. ·
• To ensure all street works and road works comply with the requirements of the NRSWA 1991 and the Traffic Management Act 2004, whilst causing minimal disruption. ·
• To inspect active works site for compliance with the appropriate code of practice and to inspect reinstatements to ensure they comply with the SROH. ·
• To work closely with contractors and public utility companies and undertake inspections in line with statutory requirements. ·
• Maintain daily, weekly and monthly records of the income related to each aspect of LoPS and NRSWA activities, and highway inspections activities in order to accurately support the Operations Manager to report on budget achievements.
• Support the team on the production of draft charges and invoices to works promoters and issue such on a monthly basis for agreement.
• Support the team on responding to any challenges from works promoters relating to the proposed charges and deal with these robustly in order to maximise the income from these activities.
What we're looking for:
• You will be customer focused and have excellent communication and influencing skills
• Stakeholder management skills- internal and external
• You will be a problem solver and take an analytical approach
• Proficiency with MS Office packages and the ability to use other IT systems
• Experience in fee preparation and project forecasting
• You will have previous project management experience
• You will have industry knowledge and be able to gain credibility
• Strong awareness of SHE considerations
• Awareness of budget and cost contro l
• NRSWA Supervisor qualification would be desirable
• Lantra NHSS 12D M7 would be desirable
• Good working knowledge of SROH, Code of Practice for Inspections, Pink Book and other associated legislation and guidance
• Full driving licence or the ability to travel around the borough on a daily basis
About Regional Enterprise
The Re Highways Service exists to provide high quality and cost-effective highways and transportation management solutions, which are of real benefit to residents, businesses and visitors of the London Borough of Barnet, both now and into the future.
The Service encompasses three integrated teams i.e. Asset Management; Traffic Management & Compliance; and Performance, Programme and Innovation. The teams are underpinned by robust Business Support Functions to ensure the right decision at the right time.
The Service has in place clear performance and improvement mechanisms to ensure that every team understands and delivers against their roles and responsibilities in relation to 'The Way We Work'. This approach enables all activities to be undertaken in an integrated and focused way delivering the Service vision, objectives and outcomes in an accurate and timely fashion, ensuring Service Excellence at every point of customer contact.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27 ) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• Flexible working opportunities
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident