As Head of Quality, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in supporting the ongoing delivery of the service/programme across the Midlands. There will be a strong focus on providing quality assurance in relation to NHS England & Improvement commissioned services.
The core remit of this role will be to support the clinical and quality aspects of the Covid-19 vaccination programme work, as well as wider programme delivery. The post holder will be responsible for:
• Supporting and leading aspects of the Covid-19 vaccination programme and providing clinical expertise to ensure there is clear delivery of objectives and effective quality assurance and oversight processes and systems in place.
• Working within the nursing directorate, with close interaction with the medical and direct commissioning directorates, to deliver clear objectives in support of the programme.
• Providing guidance and support across the Covid-19 vaccination programme, working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
• Supporting colleagues and PHE with the day to day management of the quality monitoring processes for Covid-19 vaccination services within agreed standard operating procedures and quality assurance processes.
Candidates should have a track record working in a role with responsibility for healthcare delivery/ clinical leadership and command credibility with a wide range of stakeholders. Applicants should have experience working at a senior level within the NHS or other private sector healthcare related industry and have up to date knowledge of current health care policy and a professional registerable qualification.
In depth additional expert knowledge would be beneficial, in relation to:
• Quality Assurance
• Specialised commissioned services
• Patient safety
• Nursing & Midwifery
• Covid-19 vaccination programme
You should have evidence of post qualifying and continuing professional development and an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this on engagement
The post requires an enthusiastic and innovative individual who has the ability to work independently to tight deadlines. In addition, you will have strong analytical and decision making skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrable track record of success focusing on delivering results. Having flexibility and the ability to work in a fast pace working environment will be key to your success.
Please note that the reason for the fixed term contract is due to funding availability.
If you think you possess the qualifications, experience and attributes we’re looking for, this really is a great opportunity to be part of a supportive team driving high quality, safe care for patients and developing the workforce.
This advert closes on Sunday 25 Apr 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident