Flexible Part-Time Drivers for Home-to-School Transport
20 April 2021
20 May 2021
Somerset, South West England
24x7 Ltd (Somerset)
Apply for this job
24x7 is a successful family-run business that has specialised in special needs passenger transport since 2001.
The Directors of the company have used their many years of industry expertise to design and set up the country’s leading specialist education transport organisation for children and young people that supplies both mainstream and special needs school transport on a contracted basis across the UK.
We are currently recruiting reliable and caring part-time drivers across the Somerset/Bristol area to take children or adults with a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities to school or day centres.
Journeys will be undertaken mainly in 8-seat or wheelchair vehicles, and the children and young adults we support may sometimes have complex needs,
We have part-time driving work available in your local area, and the contracts are for journeys every day during term-time for both morning and afternoon runs. Drivers will be contracted to work between 12.5 and 20 hours per week. It is an immensely rewarding role, and our drivers play an important part in supporting and enhancing the quality of life for the young people we support.
All positions are permanent but part-time.
A fully expensed company car will be supplied with this role.
We are recruiting for roles across Somerset, North Somerset, BANES, and Bristol.
Overall Purpose of Job
· The transportation of children or adults to school, college, or day care centres.
· To work in an effective, safe, and flexible manner, and support the operational goals of 24x7 Ltd.
· To drive company supplied vehicles, which include cars, 8-seat people carriers, and large wheelchair-accessible vehicles.
· To be available on all school days in the term-time calendar for both morning and afternoon runs.
· The keep the company-provided vehicle at a safe and convenient location.
· To maintain the assigned vehicle to the highest standards of cleanliness and tidiness at all times.
Driver Requirements and Specification
Requirements - all drivers MUST:
· hold a full UK driving licence and have held it for a minimum of 5 years.
· have a minimum of 3 years actual driving experience.
· be sufficiently medically fit to pass a Group 2 medical examination.
· be able to receive an enhanced DBS criminal record check to the satisfaction of the licensing authority (as you will be working with children, young persons and/or vulnerable adults).
· be licensed as a driver by the appropriate licensing authority (we will assist you with this).
Specification - drivers must also have a(n):
· high level of commitment to the service, demonstrated by reliability and desire for longevity in the role.
· friendly demeanour, positive attitude, and enjoy working with children.
· willingness to be trained as a passenger assistant in order to provide operational cover.
· good working command of the English language.
· ability and willingness to drive various types of vehicles.
NB: Previous driver experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
· Permanent contract (a minimum of 12.5 hours per week)
· Holiday pay
· Contributory pension
· Fully expensed vehicle for company use provided (including fuel card)
· Enhanced DBS certification and Private Hire Licence
Monthly salary range is - £410 to £850 per month
Please feel free to look visit at our website www.24x7ltd.co.uk to find out more about the company and its purpose.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please refer to our website:
to access the application form. (Please note: under 'area', select Somerset).
We look forward to your successful application and welcoming you to 24x7.
Apply for this job