PR & Community Manager (Focused on press)
Location: London, EC1N 8HN
Salary: £32,500 per annum, although negotiable, DOE
Contract: 12 Months Fixed Term
Hours: 37.5 hours / week
Promote Holidays in Austria with us!
The Austrian National Tourist Office (ANTO) is Austria's national tourism organisation. Our core responsibilities include building and positioning the "Holidays in Austria" brand, innovative marketing within the most promising international markets and passing our knowledge of guests and markets on to the Austrian tourism industry, thus making an important contribution towards the competitiveness of Austria as a holiday destination.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced PR & Community Manager, with good German language skills to join our team.
- To develop PR and communication strategies, securing coverage for "Holidays in Austria" within traditional and new media in line with communication goals
- Active relationship management and networking with media, journalists and social influencers, entering into a personal dialogue with relevant contacts and showing a presence on specialist platforms and at events
- Responsible for all press activities (media monitoring and enquiries, press trips and events, creating press releases and keeping the newsroom up to date etc.)
- Monitoring of relevant communities and influencers on- and offline, becoming a part of their discussions and devising ways to cooperate
- Responsible for the social influencer strategy, implementing campaigns with them, as well as cross-market coordination of social influencers and community management
- Working as part of international project teams to research stories on key themes and create content for various online channels, adapting (translating and rewriting) it to suit target group and market.
- Qualification in communications, PR, journalism or tourism marketing with several years' on-the-job experience
- Excellent spoken and written English and good knowledge of German
- Passion for communication, interest in socially relevant topics and understanding of editorial work
- Knowledge of the British media landscape in its digital and analogue variety and open to new and future developments
- Existing knowledge or keen to continuously expand and share knowledge of the following areas:
- Austria and its tourism offer's, products and destinations
- Trends and local developments, especially in regards to socially relevant topics
- Relevance and appeal of different content and formats across various channels
- First-rate networking skills, enthusiasm, flexibility, resilience and the ability to work in a team alongside a willingness to undertake business trips
The Austrian National Tourist Office offers a diverse and challenging career within a dynamic, international organisation with plenty of opportunities for personal development and further training in a pleasant, modern working environment with flexible working hours. If you are interested in this exciting role, we look forward to receiving your application which includes your motivation, experience and - above all - personality.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please click on the “apply” button where you will be directed to our website to continue the application process. Please note that all applications must be submitted in the German Language.
No agencies please…….