Job Title: Chef de Partie – Live out
Ref: HF 21016
Location: Harrington House, Bourton-on-the-Water, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 2BY
Hours of work: 39 per week, based over any 5 from 7 days
Salary: £9.42 -£9.67 per hour
To order, prepare, cook and present all consumable items as required for the hotel, whilst complying with HF Holidays policies on quality, quantity, food hygiene and portion control in line with budgets. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 2 years experience in a kitchen and be working towards a NVQ3 qualification. You should be able to run your own section in a busy hotel kitchen.
The roles’ responsibilities include but not limited to:
• To ensure that all consumable items are stocked as required
• To maintain kitchen, personal and food hygiene within the department
• To complete the induction of all new kitchen staff in liaison with management
• To be fully conversant with all items on the hotel menu, including specials and produce to the required standard
• To lift and move heavy equipment
• To be responsible for the correct use of kitchen equipment
• To be responsible for the correct use of all food stocks issued
• To liaise with Head Chef to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen
• To be contactable and to ensure chef cover
• To engage and interact with customers and guests in a way that promotes a warm and friendly atmosphere within the cafe
• To be aware of and comply with the Society’s policy on the Health & Safety At Work Act 1974, The Food Safety Act 1990(including Allergen Legislation), The Food and Hygiene Regulations and The Fire Regulations
• To undertake such other tasks as directed by management as if they were expressly written into this job description
• Experience in a similar role is desirable
• A genuine passion and interest for food and cooking
About the company:
We are a multi -award-winning travel and hotel company with over 100 years’ experience organising outdoor holidays. We specialise in offering a fantastic range of Walking and Leisure Activities holidays and every year over 60,000 guests choose to travel with us to over 70 destinations all over the world.
We currently employ a team of over 500, who work in our two main offices in Elstree and Penrith and across our 17 country houses around the UK, all in National Parks or Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
HF Holidays is a co-operative society owned by its 40,000 members worldwide. Our Mission is to provide shared holiday experiences, which inspire friendship, fun, and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors. We aim to achieve our Mission by applying the following values Trusted, Collaborative, Exceptional Experiences, Ownership, Inspiring, Passionate and Fun.
Join us and you’ll find a professional, welcoming environment that encourages you to learn new skills, celebrates your achievements and enables you to build a rewarding career.
• Competitive salary plus equal share of tips
• Pension contributions
• Comprehensive health benefits package
• Free uniform
• Free professional training and development courses
• Unique opportunity to explore the great outdoors on free guided walks with our guests
• Free carparking
• 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays accrued weekly
• Opportunities to organise and / or participate in various challenges and activities for our nominated charity
• One paid day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Opportunity to join a multi-award winning, forward thinking and passionate company who train, develop and celebrate individual, team and organisational achievements
Interested? – Apply now!
If you wish to apply please send your CV to email@example.com or find out more by visiting our careers pages at https://www.hfholidays.co.uk/about-us/about-our-people/careers/current-vacancies , either way we’d love to hear from you!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident