20 April 2021
20 May 2021
London, Greater London, W1C 1LZ
Apply for this job
39 hours per week
Drawing on the legacy of the guests who stayed here in decades past – and an inspiration to those who are yet to write their own story – Hard Rock Hotel London at Hyde Park stands alone as a haven for music lovers and cultural explorers everywhere.
Located on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane, we pay tribute to former residents such as Jimi Hendrix, Diana Ross, Bob Dylan and Buddy Holly with an incredible memorabilia collection and original artwork in every bedroom.
The hotel boasts an onsite Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Cocktail Bar, Hotel GMT Bar and a Rock Royalty Lounge. So, whether our guests are ready to rock London’s nightlife, enjoy a well-earned family holiday, host that all-important business meeting or indulge in a romantic evening for two, they will find everything they need – because, in the end, everyone wants to be treated like a rock star.
As Maintenance Manager at the Amba Hotel Charing Cross, you will have the opportunity to come to work in a stunning building. Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of this beautiful hotel (including equipment, services, building and plant), you will use your leadership skills to inspire your team and provide a seamless guest experience every time.
You will also ensure that the hotel achieves its safety and cost control targets so you will need to be confident in creating and implementing a PPM programme as this will be a critical aspect of the role. Finally you will need the ability to deliver results to deadlines through your people, with full responsibility for recruiting, managing, engaging and developing your team.
What we look for
* Previous leadership experience in a similar role
* Experience of controlling costs within a budget
* A passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction
* An open personality who is relaxed and natural in their interactions
* Accurate with good attention to detail
* Able to create a positive first impression and be an ambassador for the Amba brand and glh
* Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness within the context of their role
* Comfortable facing the public
* Empathetic and able to build relationships
* A real drive to climb the career ladder in the hospitality industry
* Excellent communication skills
What's in it for you?
* 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
* Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
* Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
* Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
* Long Service Awards
* Pension and Healthcare Schemes
* Generous recommend a friend scheme
* Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
* Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
* Childcare vouchers
* Staff refreshments on shift
Apply for this job