Mott MacDonald has a strong record of providing water resources, environmental and engineering hydrogeology services benefiting communities, clients and the environment. Due to continued growth across our award-winning, multi-sector and global business, we are now seeking a dedicated Hydrogeologist to join our growing teams across the UK.
Mott MacDonald are a fantastic company to work for, combining heritage, vision and values into an ethos that encourages career progression in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions, or a combination thereof. You will have control of your own career path in cross-disciplinary engagement. Our team delivers services in public water supply, borehole construction, construction dewatering, water quality, catchment management, and water resources modelling across the water resources, environmental and engineering sectors, and links in with the larger business across a wide range of national and international infrastructure delivery services.
We are especially looking for someone with great team spirit to become an integral part of our group-wide Water Resources Practice, which brings together a wealth of knowledge and experience in hydrology, hydrogeology, water quality, catchment management, climate resilience and associated disciplines. You will work within our Water Resources and Flooding Team, and closely with our Environment and Engineering Hydrogeology teams to support clients on a range of high-profile projects both in the UK and abroad.
You will have the opportunity to lead technical projects, whether applying innovative thinking to new or established schemes, or developing your own concepts from scratch. Alongside your technical role, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in project management and business development through engaging with our water sector and regulatory framework clients.
You will be required to bring the following experience and qualities to the role:
- Be approachable, committed to self-development, other colleagues and the business, and to have a recognised expertise.
- Communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team and staff members, contractors, regulators and clients.
- Project Delivery
- Contribute to the management and delivery of water resources, environmental and engineering hydrogeology projects.
- Ensure that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance with agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensure that work is carried out in full compliance with Mott MacDonald internal Business Management Systems.
- Undertake project delivery tasks including calculations, drawings, models, ground investigations, data interpretation, reporting etc.
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist where practicable in the mentoring and development of others.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required.
- Maintain client contact for project delivery and ensure that project delivery meets client objectives and requirements.
Technical Excellence and Leadership
- Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and solutions where applicable, and communicate using knowledge management channels and platforms as appropriate.
- Maintain good links within the wider groundwater community to enhance technical knowledge and build and maintain contacts that may provide opportunities for collaboration, thought leadership and business development.
- Develop innovative products and specialist skills within the discipline of hydrogeology as and where appropriate.
- Lead or assist with the development of capability statements and marketing and the submission of pre-qualification questionnaires and expressions of interest.
- Prepare proposals/bids as required, including development of scopes of work, methodologies, team structures, and estimating timescales and costs for proposed works.
- Cultivate new clients and develop services with existing clients, in particular services relating to own areas of technical expertise. Network across internal business.
- To support and/or manage the delivery of groundwater projects across water resources, environmental and engineering sectors, working within a multidisciplinary team to achieve agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- To pursue a specialist interest within hydrogeology that can be levered into technical services delivery and innovation.
- Alongside technical delivery and project management of groundwater projects, to assist in the development of new business by contribution to bid and proposal writing across water resources, environmental and engineering sectors.
We can offer:
Pension matched up to 7%
Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
An annual professional institution subscription
Enhanced parental leave
Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
For more information about our Environment sector click here
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident