VESSEL COMMUNICATION TECHNICIAN
FULL TIME - PERMANENT
We are delighted to be working with a thriving Offshore Company based in Lowestoft in the search to find a Vessel Communication Technician.
Reporting directly to the Group IT Manager you will ultimately be responsible to the Chief Operating Officer and your main job purpose will be maintaining and supporting satellite communications and IT infrastructure onboard the fleet of vessels - mainly operating out of Lowestoft and Gt Yarmouth but travel to other ports may also be required and working with the wider IT Team to provide support to Lowestoft office staff and IT infrastructure/applications where required.
KEY WORK AREAS:
• Install, maintain, and support Satellite communications & IT equipment onboard our fleet of vessels.
• Liaise with key 3rd party suppliers to support our equipment and services
• Provide support to employees, managers and crew as required via email, telephone and in person
• Maintain log of all support requests via helpdesk system
• Working with the wider IT Team to provide support to Lowestoft office staff and IT infrastructure/applications where required.
• Ensure all company data offshore is adequately backed up. Periodically restore to ensure data is recoverable.
• Maintain Disaster Recovery equipment
• Work with key suppliers and IT Team to ensure connectivity and equipment adheres to our ICT & Cyber Security policies and procedures.
• Liaise with IT Manager regarding planning of new projects, upgrades and improvements
• Undertake in ad-hoc research and development projects agreed with IT Manager
• Assist with any additional Sat Comms/IT related tasks as agreed with IT Manager
• Installation, repair and maintenance of VSAT and Iridium communications systems including Antenna, Control Unit and Modem
• Installation, repair and maintenance of Iridium OpenPort/OpenPilot communications system
• Understanding of Networking, Firewalls, Security Features and VLAN’s
• Network Switches and Wireless Access Points
• Installation and maintenance of Windows 10 computers and related software
• Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word & Excel)
• Configuration of Printers
• Configuration of VOIP Telephones
• Sailor 600 VSAT equipment
• Intellian V100 VSAT equipment
• iDirect X5/X7 Modems
• Fortigate Firewalls
• Cisco Meraki networking equipment
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Microsoft Office 365 Administration
• Helpdesk software
Proactive, self-motivated, with attention to detail and the ability to work well individually or as part of a team. Driving License is essential as travel to/from vessels is required.
Vessel Communication Technician
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.