A Vacancy at York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Trust Grade Doctor (CT) in General Surgery, Urology and Breast – Full time - Fixed Term Post
Applicants are now welcome to apply for this exciting opportunity at Scarborough Hospital to join the General Surgery and Urology department as a trust grade doctor. You will cover areas within General Surgery including Vascular, Urology and Breast. This post is a fixed term contract for up to a period of 6 months and an average working week of 47.5 hours. You will also be part of the on call rota which currently is 1:9.
You may find this post of interest if you’re a current trainee and are unsure of your future plans. We have supported a number of our Trusts Grades to successfully secure places on the formal training programme and into career grade positions. Whilst these posts are not a recognised NHS/UK training post, we endeavour to provide our Trust Grade Doctors with equivalent opportunities in terms of development and training, receiving the following:
• Named clinical supervisor
• Local Induction and information pack outlining internal training courses/opportunities available to doctors in these non-approved training positions
• Individual Personal Development Plan and annual Appraisal - Individual access to the NHS e-appraisal system (funded by the Trust for posts that are six months or longer)
• Support towards obtaining Alternative Certificate confirming achievement of foundation competencies, to aid those who want to access a recognised training position in the future” ALS, ATLS, CcRISP and TILS are all provided locally. You will have a designated clinical supervisor during your appointment and opportunities for support by trained mentors. Regular timetabled teaching sessions will take place to support the service-based learning.
There is an active Postgraduate Medical Education Centre on both sites, as part of a dynamic Education and Training. This post would suit applicants who have successfully completed their Foundation Year Two programme, or have equivalent experience / completion of competencies.
The successful candidate will be joining clinical team who offer a supportive and encouraging environment which will allow progression as a professional through development opportunities in specialist fields as well as their area of particular interest. There will also be an expectation that the post holder will take an active part in both internal and external audits. We welcome you to visit our hospital and would be happy to arrange; informal visits, telephone calls, or video conferencing calls with our Clinicians if you would like to discuss these posts or your training and development needs in further detail.
Trust employees can access our award winning staff benefits package, which includes exclusive discounts for York Trust Staff.
York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital and specialist healthcare services for approximately 800,000 people living in and around; York, North Yorkshire, North East Yorkshire and Ryedale. Successful post holders will have the great benefit and opportunity of living and working within the region. York is internationally renowned for its beauty and heritage and Scarborough is a vibrant seaside resort, surrounded by stunning scenery and glorious beaches, on the East Coast of Yorkshire, set in the beautiful countryside.
In order to maximise your experience at the Trust you may be offered a rotational post, either across different departments or across our two acute sites, York and Scarborough Hospitals. We appreciate it may be difficult to attend an interview in person; therefore we do provide candidates with the option to be interviewed via WebEx video conference facility. Please speak to a member of the team to organise this.
1. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applicants. Therefore please apply early to avoid any disappointment. The offer of this Trust Grade post will only be made by the Trust if no candidate is found to be appointable to the training programme vacancy by the Yorkshire & Humber Deanery.
This advert closes on Monday 3 May 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident