Design Manager – Modular Construction, Salary: Up to £55k + excellent benefits, Based: Morley near Leeds. Flexible working will be considered
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager to work for a global Modular Building / off-site Construction business. Applicants will ideally have experience of managing a design team and be from a Construction, Civil / Structural or Architectural Technician.
Design Design Manager Job overview:
• Manage a team of designers, providing hands on support to deliver post contract design of a wide variety construction projects including education, healthcare and commercial, using offsite, volumetric building systems.
• Liaise directly with clients and their professional teams to create construction issue design drawings, schedules and specifications and manage and coordinate design information from consultants, sub-contractors and suppliers, working collaboratively.
• Manage the submission of building control applications and coordinate, and where necessary produce the required supporting documentation to demonstrate compliance. Where necessary the team will manage the discharge of planning conditions ensuring they are addressed in a timely fashion line with the key programme milestones.
Design Manager candidate requirements:
• Experience of managing, mentoring and inspiring a team of designers to ensure programme objectives and schedules are met.
• From a Construction, Civil / Structural, or Architectural Technician background.
• Excellent working knowledge of Autodesk software (specifically Revit and AutoCad)
• Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
• Knowledge Education and Health related Regulations / Codes of Practice would be advantageous
• Experience within the off-site / modular construction industry would be beneficial but training will be provided.
• The role may involve overnight stays where appropriate.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Equal opportunities and diversity: Our client are committed to building a diverse, equal and inclusive culture. They aim to establish and maintain a leadership team and colleague population that reflects our society. They invite all colleagues to bring their whole selves to work and strive for an environment which is fair, and in which all of their colleagues are able to do their best each day.