The purpose of the programme or project officer is to improve the planning and delivery process by collecting and maintaining data in a consistent form.
Becoming a Senior PMO Analyst with Capita Regulated Services:
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Capita Mortgage Software Solutions (CMSS) is part of Capita Customer Management, Regulated Services. CMSS is looking for a PMO Senior Analyst to join the team with a breadth of knowledge in governance and reporting co-ordination in a software organisation.
The key purpose of this role is to uphold the programme management office structure within CMSS. You will take responsibility for providing efficient delivery of PMO services. You will champion best practice and ensure robust governance is in place to manage change, resources, RADIO and management information in line with Evolve (Capita's transformation framework based on P3O, Prince2 and MoP) together with governance of the use and reporting from Azure Dev Ops.
The role requires a proven PMO professional, a self-starter who is motivated to take responsibility for managing multiple tasks to control the change lifecycle, from initiation through to delivery and finally to project/change closure. A proactive, client focused approach, where the ability to communicate and partner with multiple stakeholders - within a range of Programmes and Portfolio - is crucial. Exceptional communication, influencing and organisational skills are, therefore, essential combined with the ability to work independently under your own initiative
What you will do:
• Support the Managing Director and Head of Delivery in ensuring the required level of PMO governance and control is applied to the Portfolio / Programmes you are assigned to in alignment with Capita's best practice framework.
• Process improvement to ensure simple, structured processes are in place to support the delivery of projects and associated reporting in Azure DevOps (ADO)
• Project & Programme Support - support and govern the project gated process lifecycle and Azure DevOps (ADO)
• Governance & Organisation - oversee the co-ordination of the CMSS People PowerBI Dashboard and MI
• Ongoing management and monitoring of Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies and Opportunities (RADIO) and lessons learned logs for your allocated projects/programmes via regular engagement.
• Produce weekly status reports for management meetings and MI and reporting packs for executive board management meetings to facilitate fact-based decision making, this will also include client facing MI.
• Support the delivery teams with Azure DevOps (ADO) maintenance and reporting, including defect tracking and release set up.
Your experience will include:
• 3 Years + experience in an IT Project Management / PMO environment working in industries such as banking (specifically mortgage origination) or financial services is advantageous but other industry sectors will be considered.
• Advanced working knowledge of MS office applications including MS Word, Excel (e.g. macros, data manipulation VLOOKUPs etc. for data analysis and reporting), PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, Azure DevOps (ADO), PowerBI and Microsoft Teams.
• Experience in a client facing role and producing detailed MI for senior management and group reporting
• Certification in a project management qualification, especially PRINCE2 Practitioner and P3O is highly desirable along with the knowledge of a project manager and change management processes in IT.
• Strong stakeholder management capability at all levels combined with the ability to adapt communication styles to ensure the right outcomes are achieved.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines / schedules, whilst being methodical with excellent attention to detail alongside exceptional organisational skills.
About Capita Regulated Services
At Regulated Services, we're transforming the world of life and pensions, and mortgage services. We're delivering responsible and sustainable services, helping our clients to respond to changing market factors and adapt to the needs of their customers both now and in the future. Our teams work with clients across the UK and Worldwide, offering a range of services from end-to-end administration, digital technology and business support to lending, account and arrears management. Join us and discover better as you shape the future of regulated services.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary of upto £37,000.
• 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you will do next
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident