Have you thought about working for Mencap?
Mencap is a leader in providing excellent support to people with a learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
We have immediate opportunities for support workers to provide vital support to people with a learning disability through this tough time. We're recruiting for relief Support Workers in Boston right now!
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. Everything we do at Mencap keeps the people we support at the centre of what we do.
With us, it's never 'just a job'. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay.
What does a Relief Support Worker do?
As a Relief Support Worker, you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, liberated and happy life.
- Personal care - helping people to get ready for the day and assisting with bathing, showering and using the bathroom.
- Supporting people to live independently - budget management, paying bills, house work, organising appointments and cooking delicious healthy meals.
- Excellent communication skills/relationship building - supporting the person to understand the world around them and promoting positive relationships.
- Community & Social Inclusion- Supporting individuals to access and participate in their local community and Social events to promote life skills and individuality.
An advantage of being a Relief Support Worker is it gives you the flexibility to work the shifts that will be suitable for you so you can fit in work around studying, family or another job. We have avarietyof different shifts throughout the week that may need covering, including mornings (ideal for you early risers) afternoons and evenings.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visitthe directgov website.
No two days are ever the same, sometimes they may be challenging but always positive so click apply now to be considered!
*All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
*If you are successfully matched to a role, you'll be classed as a key worker. Frontline health and social care workers and the most vulnerable are currently being vaccinated. If you join us in a support role, you will be included in your local COVID-19 vaccine deployment programme. Mencap are strongly encouraging all our colleagues to have the Covid-19 vaccineas a way to help protect each other and the people we support. This is becoming increasingly important as evidence is starting to grow that the vaccine could help stop the spread of the virus, as well as protecting the person vaccinated from getting very ill.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- Flexibility to work the hours you choose
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Annual leave entitlement based on hours accrued
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it is never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident