Outpatients Contact Centre - Outpatients (OPD) Clerk
• Band: 3
• Hours Available: 37.5 hours
• Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00
• Location: Wythenshawe Hospital
About the Role
We have a vacancy within our Outpatient Waiting List Management team. This team work directly with the specialities to manage the Patient Tracking Lists ensuring all patients are managed within the 18 week pathway. Also ensuring all referrals to the hospital are dealt with in a timely fashion. This includes managing the ‘e’ referral system and internal and external communications.
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate personal commitment, logical thinking and problem solving. Who can work well under pressure, independently and as part of a team across the full range of OPD activities. You will need to deal with a wide range of queries and find solutions for our patients and peers. You will also be expected to prioritise your workload and work as well independently as part of a larger team.
We are also looking for:
• Excellent communication and listening skills, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office software. A significant part of the role involves working with excel spreadsheets therefore you will need to be proficient in spreadsheet management
• Previous experience in Patient Admin Systems and hospital administration would be an advantage.
• Able to remain professional at all times and maintain the strictest confidentiality when dealing with clients.
Previous applicants need not apply.
This advert closes on Monday 3 May 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident