Escort / Handyperson
Location: You will be permanently working from HMP Pentonville, N7 8TT
Salary: £22K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
Here at GFSL, we work to maintain our prisons 365 days a year, which means that one of our dedicated recruitment team will be here to review applications through the Christmas period.
Please be assured that we will be working as normal to process your application and we will respond to you if your application is suitable.
Why join us?
* Key workers status due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate.
The GFSL work environment offers variety, a positive team culture with opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
In addition to stability and job security, if you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one. We also offer health and well-being benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance.
We are seeking an Escort / Handyperson to assume responsibility for:
• Clearing and cleaning
• Ensuring the good working order of fixtures, lights and fittings
• Painting and decorating
• Assembling furniture and equipment
• Escorting Contractors
• Performing security checks
• Maintaining regular communications across site
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
• Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to stay calm under pressure and be a great team player with the desire to show initiative.
• Previous experience of working with a building fabric / hard facilities management experience is ideal.
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
If this sounds like the ideal role, please apply today and we will be in touch.
No agencies please!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident