Day Residential Support Worker - Lincolnshire
Do you have a background in health and social care?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience with supporting young people with autism or a learning disability?
TeacherActive have a fantastic opportunity available for a Permanent Day Residential Support worker to work in one of our residential homes for young adults aged 16-19 years with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs, including behaviours of concern. The home/school is set in the stunning Lincolnshire countryside.
Key responsibilities will include providing guidance, support, and engagement to all pupils in a variety of settings including the classroom, home, on site and during off site activities. Attend all training as required and be prepared to achieve qualifications appropriate to the role; common induction standards within the first 6 months and on successful completion work towards NVQ Level 3, TIMIAN, Safeguarding, Makaton. Contribute to the development of the pupils through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate stimulating activities and the example of a consistent and caring adult role model.
This is a full-time position on a rota basis, 43.5 hours per week, 13 hours per shift
The ideal Residential Support Worker will need to have:
• Previous experience within a SEND school or residential care environment
• A patient and caring approach when providing all aspects of care
• Experience in one to one support to encourage independence and raising self-esteem
• Be comfortable with providing personal care to young adults, including washing, dressing, toileting and feeding
• Respect privacy and dignity at all times
• Able to adapt to different students needs and activities
In return the successful Residential Support Worker will enjoy:
• A great rate of pay
• A permanent contract with a company who look after their staff
• Unrivaled training and the chance to become NVQ Level 3 Qualified
• The opportunity to do a meaningful job and have a positive impact on young people’s lives
Please note this this is a permanent contract; you will be required to attend an interview and go through a vetting process.
For more information please call Eli on 0114 321 0757 or please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.