We have an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified Occupational Therapist to join the Havering Community Recovery Team. Working across both parts of the service you will have the benefit of building your knowledge and skills to a high level and be part of a well respected service.
1. Provide high quality Occupational Therapy clinical expertise and service.
2. Responsible for the development and implementation of high standards of clinical care ensuring the service provided is needs led, compliant with national guidance and is viewed positively by service users.
3. Responsible for undertaking comprehensive clinical assessments of service users.
4. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate Occupational Therapy treatments for specialist case load, in a variety of settings, as an autonomous practitioner.
5. Provide specialist clinical advice to other team members on the suitability of various assessments and intervention methods where appropriate.
6. Act at all times as a role model for Occupational Therapy, raising the profile and value of the role.
We are looking for an individual who is confident, motivated and enthusiastic about promoting the best outcomes for clients, carers and family members. This is a busy team and it will be important that you are able to manage your caseload whilst meeting conflicting demands.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement – London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of £3,784 to a maximum of £4,822).
This advert closes on Monday 3 May 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident