Creative Support is a high-quality provider of support to individuals with a wide range of care needs including learning disabilities, mental health and other needs. Employing over 5,000 staff members, we are continuing to grow at a fast pace nationally and are looking for dedicated, caring individuals to join our staff team in your local area.
We are looking for warm, flexible and motivated individuals to provide person centred care and support at Lavender Court, Ampthill. This is part of our Bedfordshire Extra Care Service, which enables older people to enjoy an active and independent lifestyle.
You will be required to work waking night shifts, which will include weekends and bank holidays and work with the utmost positive regard for the individuals we support.
Support Worker Duties:
• Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support,
• Maximising social opportunities and community engagement,
• Maximising outcomes for clients by maintaining their independence and encouraging them to lead an active, fulfilling lifestyle
• Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
• Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service.
Experience is not essential for this role; however, you must have a warm, caring and respectful personality to succeed in this role. We welcome applications from experienced practitioners, graduates and individuals looking to pursue a career in social care.
This unique and challenging opportunity will provide you with an environment that encourages personal and professional development. We will provide you with on-going training to best meet the needs of the service users.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS and company provided uniform for Extra Care staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
Exempt from Section 7 2(e) of the SDA
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident