Part Time Driver/Passenger Assistant - Home to School
19 April 2021
£8.72 per hour with minimum 12 hours per week
19 May 2021
North East England, UK
24x7 Group Ltd
Apply for this job
24x7 Limited are currently recruiting reliable and caring part time drivers across the North East region to take children or adults some with complex needs to school or day centres in cars, 8 seat or wheelchair accessible vehicles.
Specifically looking to recruit within Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.
Please feel free to view the company information on our website at www.24x7ltd.co.uk, where further details of roles, current vacancies and the opportunity for direct applications are available.
We have part time driving work available in South Tyneside, the work is every school day, for both morning and afternoon runs. The work on average is between 12.5 and 20 hours per week. This rewarding role is driving children and young adults with a range of Special Educational Needs between home and school or educational centre.
Monthly salary between - £410 to £850 per month (£8.72 per hour).
24x7 Ltd. is a successful family run business, that since 2001 has specialised in special needs passenger transport. The Directors of the company have used their many years of experience in passenger transport, to design and set up possibly the best and most effective special needs transport organisation in the country, which supplies both mainstream and special needs school transport on a contracted basis across the UK.
Overall Purpose of Role:
· Transportation of children or young adults to school, college or day care centres.
· To work in an effective, safe, flexible manner and support the operational goals of 24x7 Ltd.
Part time Driver Responsibilities:
· To drive company supplied vehicles, which includes - cars, 8 seat people carriers and large wheelchair accessible vehicles (all can be driven on a car licence).
· The company provided vehicle will need to be kept at a safe and convenient location.
· Vehicles and Fuel cards provided (both for company work only).
· To keep vehicle in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
· Be available both am and pm for all school days.
· All positions are Permanent but Part Time.
· Full UK driving license held for over five years.
· Good command of the English language.
· Over 5 years driving experience required (insurers require applicants over 25 years of age)
· DBS criminal record check as you will be working with children, young persons and/or vulnerable adults.
· You should have a friendly and positive attitude, enjoy working with children and be reliable.
· Ability and willingness to drive various types of vehicles.
· Previous experience would be beneficial but not essential.
· Willingness to be trained as an assistance to the passengers to provide cover.
· To be sufficiently medically fit to pass a Group 2 medical to comply with licensing standards.
· Term Time Work
· Part Time Hours
· Permanent Contract
· Holiday Pay
· Contributory Pension
· Training Provided
· Fully expensed Vehicle Provided
· DBS and Private Hire Licence
Please apply via our website www.24x7ltd.co.uk
Monday to Friday
Reference ID: NBD001
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £4,000.00-£10,000.00 per year
Full COVID-19 PPE and safety equipment availability is standard with our company.
Apply for this job