We are an innovative company bringing the rigour of inter-disciplinary research to solve complex societal problems. If these are the kinds of challenges you find inspiring, and you have a passion for solving problems that make a real and positive impact in the world, come talk to us.
We are seeking to engage an Associate Data Engineer to help us deliver on a key goal of helping us build data pipeline frameworks, design and implement data models, and help Data Scientists achieve key insights for data-driven decision making for our clients in the public sector. The suitable candidate will also be instrumental in helping us build our AWS (SaaS) products, serving public sector clients.
Please note: This role requires enhanced police and security vetting; which requires a minimum of 3 years UK residence, a criminal records check, and a right to work in the UK check. Please ensure you meet the residence requirement prior to applying. Any candidate who is invited for interview must complete a residence and criminal records declaration and produce evidence of right to work in the UK.
The primary responsibilities and expectations of this role include:
• Design, develop and maintain scalable-automated data pipeline frameworks on AWS, and supporting our AWS product delivery services to clients
• Researching and implementing relevant tools and technologies in the data engineering space for our AWS products
• Ability to work with different types of storage systems (relational database, MPP, NoSQL)
• Experienced with big data technologies such as AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, AWS Redshift
• Design, optimise and implement data models and data schema for different data sources
• Engineering data flows/pipelines to enable scaling and repeatable use of solutions
• Design and develop necessary ETL/ELT code scripts to make sure required processes perform optimally
• Possess skillsets in core SQL Competencies, such as T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Batch Jobs and can implement highly performant SQL code for our AWS products
• Building, designing, refactoring, and optimising AWS data lakes and data warehouses from a variety of data sources
• Identifying opportunities to efficiently re-use existing data flows
• Consistently liaise and work together with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, DevOps engineers, Cloud Solutions Architects, and stakeholders such as product owners and business analysts to gather and analyse data requirements
Basic Qualifications required for this role:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
• 2-3 years’ experience in data engineering
• Experienced in a few AWS services like Lambda, Glue, Neptune, Athena, DMS, Redshift, and machine learning tools
• Good working knowledge of any of the following: Python, Java, SQL
• Experience with version control tools (e.g., Git)
• Background in supporting data scientists or software development team, to conduct large scale data analyses / modelling to support business decision making
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or messy data.
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Location: UK Nationwide
Salary: Commensurate with experience (£30,000 - £38,000)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
In return, you get ...
• A competitive salary
• Flexible working hours / remote working options
• Competitive pension scheme
• A positive and supportive environment
To Apply: Please submit both your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. References are required and all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
All applications should be marked specifically as “Application for Associate Data Engineer” in the subject email. We will process applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.
For any questions about your personal data, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident