Competitive pay rate of £8.91 p/h
Full time role, day shifts (earlies and lates)
Are you looking for a job where you can REALLY make a difference by fulfilling people’s lives through providing a high level of person-centered care and support? A brand-new opportunity has recently arisen for a Female Support Worker in the York area. This is an exciting and rewarding position, where you could be spending your day in a supported living service based in York supporting adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities. This role will be to provide consistent and positive support to the users of the service as well as personal care. You will be required to work a set shift pattern of day shifts, to include earlies and lates, as well as covering 1 sleep in shift per week.
We are looking for someone who is creative and encouraging in their approach, firm but friendly with a caring nature, and motivated to support the person with the activities they enjoy.
Could you be the person we are looking for?
What are the requirements for becomming a Support Worker?
• You will have previous experience in a social care setting.
• You will be willing to get stuck in and hit the ground running.
• You will be empethatic, calm and understanding of the need of the clients you support.
• You have a nurturing character and are considerate.
• You will be patient, have a good work ethic and a strong character.
• You will need to show you have the ability to work cooperatively as part of a team whilst demonstrating excellent communication skills.
• It is desireable that you are a driver with access to your own vehicle.
• Only females will be considered for this position due to the background and the preferences of the individuals you will be supporting. Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
This position is advertised on a temporary to permanent basis where by you will complete a 12-week period with the support of AJ Recruitment, resulting in a permanent position and transferring to our client at the end of the 12 weeks whereby you will be working to a set roster, however there is often the opportunity to work overtime.
The advantages of applying with AJ Recruitment for this Support Worker position:
• Support System
– Your dedicated consultant will guide and support you through the whole application process to ensure your new role runs as smoothly as possible.
– AJ you will find you a role to suit perfectly by using our many years of experience and understanding of the market.
• Only the Best
– You will be guaranteed a position in a company where you are a valued member of the team as AJ only work with the best clients in the market who appreciate, nurture, invest in and look after their staff.
• Interview Prep
– You will receive help to prepare you for your interview with the client which will give you the best chance of securing the position.
If you think you have the right skills and personal values to support people to live independent lives, we would love to hear from you. Simply apply now!
Commutable locations within 15 mins drive: Heslington, Dunnington, Heslington, Fulford, Askham Bryan, Haxby, Stamford Bridge, Selby