Band 5 Clinical Coder Annex 21, Clinical Coding, Business Intelligence– Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Location:Basingstoke and Winchester
What we look for:
• Effective communication between clinical and non-clinical teams
• Self–motivated with the ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines as part of a team and independently
• Good time management and reliability
• Ability to extract Clinical information accurately and translate to Classification codes
What we Offer:
• • Transferable interpersonal skills for team working
• Nationally recognised Classifications certification and refresher training
• Working within a friendly, supportive and highly motivated team
• Cross-site working to support further personal development and team building
• Any personal training deemed relevant to the post is offered and supported
• Your life outside HHFT is important and the Trust are happy to consider applications with flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements; this can be discussed at the interview.
Who we are:
Clinical Coding is a unique department within NHS Hospitals supporting Business Intelligence and Finance teams within Hampshire Hospitals. Clinical Coding requires accurate information extraction from patient records to translate into a data coded format for submission to national systems. This information supports benchmarking against other Trusts and for mortality, contractual, financial and also importantly clinical research.
We are based across two sites in Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust within Winchester and Basingstoke. The team comprises of qualified Clinical Coders, Trainee Clinical Coders, Clinical Coding Quality Assurance Leads and a Clinical Coding Manager. The teamwork across both sites coding a multitude of specialities from Ophthalmology to Pseudomyxoma Peritonei surgery.
About the trust:
The vision at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is to provide outstanding care for every patient. We serve a population of nearly 600,000 people across Hampshire and West Berkshire as well as some people who access our specialist services from across the country.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect. HHFT employs circa 6,000 people and had a turnover of £382m in 17/18
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future.
This advert closes on Monday 3 May 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident