Digital Optimisation Appivate User Interface / User Experience (UI/UX) Designer
19 April 2021
£26,350 per year
19 May 2021
Ministry of Defence
Apply for this job
On behalf of Officer Commanding Appivate, the User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Designer will support the Mobile Applications Software Development lifecycle by implementing flexible design patterns and utilise forward leaning creativity to produce truly organisational changing Mobile Applications. Additionally the UI / UX Designer will carry out user research and identify user flows for each application.
The UI / UX Designer will need to understand the difference in mobile design principles on both Apple and Android platforms whilst being able to liaise with industry leading specialists on how to implement the application to best effect on their respective platforms.
Training will be available for the UI / UX Designer; however, a degree of on the job learning will need to be anticipated and an understanding of Software Development lifecycles would be advantageous.
A User Interface (UI) / User Experience (UX) Designer will be embedded within the multidisciplinary Mobile Application Development team to carry out user research activities, graphical design, wireframing, prototyping and implementation of those designs into applications for use on mobile devices.
In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to:
· Be part of a business facing development team to deliver new solutions to the RAF.
· Work in combination with a more senior user researcher.
· Work as part of a small technologically enabled, agile team.
· Report on progress to line manager, escalating issues promptly.
· Focus in delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process.
· Generate graphical designs for use within applications utilising Adobe Photoshop.
· Generate low and high-fidelity UI prototypes utilising digital products such as Adobe XD.
· Understand/ review functional specifications and translate into program specifications.
· Translation of business requirements into program specifications.
· Design implementable technical solutions that leverage digital technologies.
· Liaise with end users for user acceptance testing.
· Create user personas & stories.
· Design user flows and wireframes.
· Carry out product testing on real users.
· Co-ordinate with 3rd party providers.
· Carry out depth support as required.
· Support business case development by helping to understand implementation effort and cost.
· Comply with audit requirements.
· Other reasonable tasks to support the Digital Optimisation output as required
Please note, candidates will be redirected to the Civil Service Jobs website where you will need to submit your application form. Please note the closing date above is incorrect and cannot be amended so please check the closing date on Civil Service Jobs and allow enough time to submit your application form.
Apply for this job