Support Worker (£9.54 p/h £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation)
19 April 2021
£18,603 - £20,344.82 per annum
19 May 2021
Care In Mind
Apply for this job
Are you interested in a career where you will make a real difference in young people’s lives? Do you understand the challenges
which young people face in daily life? Is a career as a Support Worker the next step in life for you?
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric
inpatient stays or may have experienced previous admissions and/or placement breakdowns. The young people we care for often
require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with
self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic, least restrictive
approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult
We are currently looking for a kind, caring and friendly person to join our professional team as a Support Worker.Experience is
not essential and full training will be provided but understanding the issues young people face in their daily life will really
help to make a difference.
You will be based within our Residential Home in Neston working shifts over a 37.5 hour working week consisting of earlies, lates,
and occasional sleep ins & nights when required to support the services, so flexibility is required.
* Competitive pay (£9.54 p/h + £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation)
* 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (Rising to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
* Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
* Enhanced company pension
* Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
* Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
* Paid Induction (Running over 3 days)
* Free on-site parking
* Paid Enhanced DBS check
* Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
* Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
* The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
* Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
* Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
Your role as a Support Worker
* To carry out direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs
* To work in a team, giving the highest standard of care possible to the young people.
* To closely follow individual care plans and support young people with education, shopping, and social and leisure activities.
* To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people
* To promote independence amongst the young people
* To provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers
* To carry out further duties as per our attached document (Writing reports, general office admin etc)
Requirements of a Support Worker
* Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
* Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
* Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
* IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office)
* An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
* An understanding of safeguarding
* Professional working boundaries between staff and service users
* Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
* Full UK Driving Licence
* NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Care
* Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and
young adults with complex difficulties then please apply today.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
To support our commitment as a COVID-19 Secure employer, all of our interviews will be held over video platform.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an
enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections
of the community.
We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
Apply for this job