17 April 2021
17 May 2021
Pinnacle Support Services Ltd
Apply for this job
This job is important because: You will enable the people we support to lead fulfilling lives based upon their personal support needs. You need to work to the standards set internally by Pinnacle Support Services and externally (for example, by the Care Quality Commission), doing all you can to make sure that the people we support and your colleagues come to no harm and that they are satisfied with the level of support they receive. As we provide 24/7 support you need to be able to work shifts, including weekends, some nights and Bank Holidays.
1. Support people with mental health conditions to the highest standard and in line with their support plan, cultural needs and wishes
2. Support people to manage their own home, including supporting individuals with maintaining their tenancies and give support and guidance when individuals move home
3. Support people with personal care if required, which may include toileting and bathing, in line with their support plan
4. Support and encourage people to make choices and life decisions in line with the Mental Capacity Act 2005
5. Assist and encourage people to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work related activities, according to the individual’s choice. For example, during the pandemic and other unforeseen circumstances, this will require you to come up with fun and creative ways of engaging the person at home to help promote their physical and mental well being
6. Support people with their health needs as required, e.g. taking medication and attending doctor’s appointments 7. Keep accurate and up to date records using internal IT systems
8. Support people with their finances, where necessary, and in line with Pinnacle Support Services guidelines
9. Promote health, safety and well-being of the people we support
10. Work positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals.
11. Look for opportunities to use Personalised Technology to increase people’s independence
12. Maintain confidentiality at all times
13. Improve the support provided by discussing any new ideas
14. Participate in learning and development opportunities as required
15. Safeguarding - protect the people being supported from abuse/poor practice by undertaking Safeguarding Adults Training so you understand how, when and who to report concerns to.
16. Undertake any other duties as appropriate
17.To meet the physical and emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
18.To play an active role in maintaining physical and mental wellbeing by providing and supporting individual or group work.
19.Work flexibly regarding shift according to the needs of the organisation and the people we support.
20.To be aware of Pinnacle Support Services core values and behaviours and use them to provide a framework for ways of working with service users and colleagues.
21.Undertake any reasonable request within own competencies and understanding.
22. Follow Pinnacle Support Services Policy and Procedures and maintain level of service, which meets the standard for the organisation.
Apply for this job