About the Role
The Activities Co-ordinator is part of the caring team and as such works with other staff to care for the Service Users in the Home. The person appointed to the post will be expected to have an understanding of and sympathy with elderly people.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Arrange entertainment and maintain appropriate documentation in line with the monthly activities budget.
- Organise in-house and other events such as Christmas parties, Easter raffles, Summer fares and bonfire parties. Ensure that adequate supplies are purchased for the events whilst still working within the set budget.
- Organise outings for the Service Users and escort when necessary, ensuring the appropriate staffing levels, transport and venues are taken into consideration.
- Encourage Service Users to participate in the daily activities.
- Assist in completing a profile of each individual Service User’s preferences to different activities and document in care plans.
- Liaise with the Person in Charge with respect to the Service Users’ individual abilities on a regular basis.
- Work to the appropriate Codes of Practice
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”
Minster Grange Care Home
Minster Grange is a versatile York care home that welcomes many specialist needs. Areas in which the team are skilled and experienced include dementia care, physical frailties, respite and palliative care. Residents can expect a personalised approach to their care, with employees getting to know their needs in order to have an impact that is positive and satisfying over the long term. Home-cooked food support each resident's choice of diet, and the home has specialist equipment such as beds and hoists to help with mobility.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident