Cyber Security Solution Consultant
Location: Negotiable with requirement to travel to customer sites / QinetiQ Hub Locations
Being a Cyber Security Professional in QinetiQ
You will join QinetiQ's Cyber & Intelligence Group, the professional home for cyber security consultants, cyber security analysts, threat intelligence analysts, security engineering and attack specialists, high grade & applied cryptosecurity specialists, and simulated threat and attack specialists. This is a broad community of cyber security professionals at all levels from early careers to nationally recognised experts, with significant experience addressing the cyber security challenges across defence, national security and critical infrastructure clients.
Our cyber & intelligence professionals are flexibly deployed to a wide range of cyber security roles in our market facing cyber business, as part of a multi-disciplinary team working anywhere in QinetiQ, or to work embedded with clients. We do our best to align your aspirations with the constantly changing opportunities.
We actively promote a culture of continuous learning. The variety of highly significant, challenging (often leading edge) and interesting work that QinetiQ does across government and private sector, combined with our in house breadth of experience, provides an almost unparalleled learning environment whatever your previous experience. We supplement this with appropriate external training & certifications aligned to our business needs.
In addition to competitive reward package appropriate to role and experience, QinetiQ provides flexible working environment, a high degree of personal autonomy (within the agreed objectives of the role), and strong support for doing the right thing. We expect high personal and professional integrity and a mind-set with a strong focus on the client mission and delivering outcomes.
As a cyber security solution consultant you will
- Work in partnership with our clients at senior level to drive the cyber solution outcome they seek in their business context
- Apply your expertise to develop conceptual security solutions, logical architectures and associated technology principles & approaches; devise and develop security plans & policies; advise technology selection
- Provide governance & oversight for design, development and implementation/deployment of security platforms
- Lead and work in teams (QinetiQ or client) to develop the most effective solution to cyber security threats in our client's business context
- Support our cyber security go to market in our priority sectors
You will have
- Excellent understanding of relevant cyber security technology and its application to deliver defined security outcomes
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of information assurance and cyber security risk, including legal & regulatory
- Experience successfully delivering cyber security solutions in at least one of our priority sectors (national security, critical infrastructure (telecoms, energy), health, national law enforcement)
- Personal credibility engaging stakeholders in relation to delivering cyber security solutions, articulating rationale and benefits for the proposed solutions
- Knowledge of relevant technology, human behaviour and how they interact ('socio-technology' in a cyber security context)
- Strong collaborative and team working behaviours and ethic
- Able to take responsibility, own and drive activity, lead & inspire others - all in a collaborative and team environment across different organisations
- Hunger to learn and be at the leading edge offering the best solutions and share knowledge and experience for the benefit of colleagues and clients
- Great satisfaction having positive impact for critical clients
QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. People around the world depend on us for their safety and security, and to enable the safety and security of others. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Our is a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines, and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, we get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Come and find out how you can play a role.