We're continuing to adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19.
Wherever possible, all interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.
Capita colleagues are only permitted to work from one of our offices where there is an essential reason for them to do so.
Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19.
The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time. Becoming a Safeguarding Administrator with Capita Local Government
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Salary: £19,525 - £20,525 per annum
Location: Bognor and surrounding area (the team is currently based from home)
We are looking for a Safeguarding Administrator to provide an effective and efficient, professional & flexible administrative service to support clients. The role forms part of an Administration Resource Pool, which supports West Sussex County Council departments with administration tasks across a variety of departments.
What you'll be doing:
• Taking notes or formal minutes (electronically) at meetings such as Adult or Child protection safeguarding case conferences or other such meetings
whether there is a statutory or legal requirement to document the content of the meeting; including the use of medical and pharmaceutical terminology.
• Providing a 'Meet and Greet' service.
• Typing, formatting and presentation of documents such as reports, minutes, emails, letters, presentations.
• Data entry to maintain or create spreadsheets and databases for the purpose of gathering statistics or record keeping.
• View, update and maintain bespoke IT systems, responsible for the accuracy, confidentiality and security.
• Ensuring the accurate and prompt filing of papers to manual or electronic filing systems and the update of tracking systems. Retrieval and archiving of files to file stores. Prepare new paper or electronic files and labels where required.
• To co-ordinate case conferences or events which involve arranging dates, booking of rooms, informing attendees of arrangements and secure distribution of highly confidential papers.
• Providing training to colleagues on administrative tasks, processes or systems.
• As a member of a resource team, undertaking other administrative work consistent with the scope of the post as requested.
What we're looking for:
• Must to able to handle sensitive and potentially disturbing information with professionalism and maturity
• Good understanding of data management, including collecting and processing
• Good knowledge of a wide and varied range of ICT software.
• Experience of working within administrative office systems/practices and providing effective flexible administrative support to various areas.
• Demonstrable evidence of organising and handling data sets, of turning data into information and administrative output i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
• Ability to take electronic notes during meetings.
• Good at organising day to day workload in order to follow/meet a given brief
• Experience and confidence in dealing with people and the ability to establish credibility to all levels of the organisation.
About Government Services
At Government Services, we're transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We're using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air. Join us and discover better as you keep the country running smoothly.
Capita Local Government delivers a wide range of specialist services to local authorities, schools, academies and other public sector organisations, including IT and digital transformation, customer management, revenues, benefits, finance, property development and regulatory services, education support and back office processing.
Our 10-year partnership with West Sussex County Council began in 2012 and is dedicated to lowering cost, delivering a better digital experience and generating more revenue for the County. We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident