Assisting in the production and service of food according to Service Level Agreement while maintaining correct levels of Health and Safety.Job Description
- Working roster 5 out of 7
- Early and Late Shifts
- Ability to take holiday through school half terms
- Full uniform will be provided
- Access to undertake further development with NVQs
The Ideal Candidate
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals and breaks at the required time, being provided to the standard of the food service offer(s)and laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client’s, Customer’s and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customer’s special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the service for all Hospitality related activities, production service, clear down.
- To report and, where possible, take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, damage, unfit food, or any other irregularities.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Delivery of a consistent level of service, within the Company’s standards, to the contract specification, service offers and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Compliance to company and statutory regulations relating to the safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- Unit audit scores.
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Literate and numerate.
About The Company
- 5706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.