Maintenance Assistant Parkside House Care Home, Parkside Road, RG30 2DP, Reading Working hours and salary
£9.90per hour to £11.59 per hour
22 hrs per week What your typical day involves
- Carrying out all necessary maintenance and repair tasks to a high standard, in a timely manner, offering value for money.
· - Checking all health and safety and compliance checks are carried out; in relation to remedials, Legionella and fire risk assessments, etc.
· - Being accountable for safety and cleanliness within the care home and grounds is to the satisfaction of Environmental Health, local Fire Authority requirements and Health & Safety regulations etc.
Who we're looking for
A full driving licence is essential for this role.
Friendly and approachable, you'll have previous experience working in a maintenance role with a good understanding of building services including, heating, hot and cold-water distribution, ventilation, electrical distribution and plumbing. You understand the importance of maintaining high standards - working to statutory requirements and compliance, you'll ensure our residents enjoy a safe and comfortable environment. Nothing is too much trouble and you're always happy to help the wider team. You'll enjoy working with others and you'll enjoy the little moments with our residents.
What's in it for you?
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
- Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 2 years' service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions.
- Free flu vaccine
About our home
Set in Reading, near Prospect Park, Parkside House is accessible by bus from Reading train station with a bus stop just a 5 minute walk from the home. The home provides nursing and residential care for both permanent and short term stays. With a real family feel, the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence - organising a wide variety of activities meaning there's no typical day here. As part of the team, you're supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.