HR Consultant - circa £35,000 + Benefits
(40 hours per week, Monday to Friday)Swindon (with hybrid working opportunities) and occasional travel to client sites About us
The HR Dept provides outsourced HR support to a range of businesses throughout the UK. Our clients operate in various business sectors including financial services, hospitality, technology, property, professional services and not for profit. We offer a full HR service offering with a major focus on employee relations issues (disciplines, grievances, redundancies), performance management, recruitment, training and development.
Our people are exceptional HR professionals, with expert employment law knowledge. They also demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness and an understanding of how HR fits with our client’s commercial needs. The Role
The HR Consultant reports to the Head of HR Consultancy and supports our London clients. They are responsible for delivering high quality and commercial HR advice to clients. They also provide HR project and onsite support to clients and deputise for the Head of HR Consultancy. Main Responsibilities
This is an exciting and varied HR role where the HR Consultant will be working with multiple clients daily. In particular, the HR Consultant:
• Provides advice to clients on all aspects of HR, particularly employee relations matters, over the telephone and via email.
• Creates documents that supports the HR advice provided to clients.
• Assists clients on site with a range of HR activities including redundancy programmes, employee relations issues and TUPE matters.
• Undertakes HR projects and prepares reports for clients.
• Designs and delivers training to clients.
• Supports compensation and benefits reviews for clients.
• Chairs and supports formal meetings on behalf of clients.
• Creates, updates and checks client policies, procedures, and handbooks to ensure compliance with employment law and good HR practice.
• Undertakes regular client review meetings.
• Builds strong relationships with our clients. Candidate Requirements Knowledge, Education and Experience Required
• CIPD qualified
• HR Generalist background
• Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with clients (both verbally and in writing)
• Supervision experience
• Graduate calibre. A graduate or master’s degree in HRM or related subject is desirable
• Strong UK employment law knowledge
• HR experience over various business sectors is desirable.
• Commercially aware of the needs of small businesses
• Good MS Office skills – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident