We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to join the group at Jurys Inns & Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland.
We want you to support a brilliant and diverse team to deliver excellence to our valued customers across our amazing hotel.
The experience we expect -
• Strong Operational knowledge of Restaurants and Bars.
• Background in branded hotels or restaurants is preferred – so you will understand how we work
• Excellent Customer service skills, standards-driven, good organisational skills
• To be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment and to enjoy it
• To be great at up-selling – anticipating customer needs as well as improving the bottom line
• To be able to manage the team and resources available to ensure that the departments are equipped for service via cost controls, stock monitoring and good rota management
• Ability to communicate to and motivate your team providing day to day leadership and direction
• Be able to use computer systems – we use Opera, SAP and Micros. (for the occasional time you do get a desk)
Your responsibilities will be:
• To plan and ensure the hotel is ready for the days business – preparing for the morning meeting and sharing information with the team
• To be out and about in the hotel, supervising the day to day operation and ensuring exceptional guest service.
• To encourage the team to maximise sales opportunities
• To ensure prompt resolution of customer complaints
• To develop and train the team to be able to deliver their job brilliantly so that we get great feedback from guests
Why come and work for us?
• Varied and interesting work- no day is the same at Jurys Inn
• Great development opportunities – over 75% of our General Managers have been internally promoted – we run an Accelerate programme to help Managers become Deputy Managers and have an Insights programme for Team members who want to become Managers – we really care about developing people
• Having the chance to work with and around friendly people – we have a great culture with employee satisfaction at 83.3% (2016 result)
• Training run by experts to support your needs
• Sensible benefits -Pension Scheme, Life assurance, wellbeing support, wedding leave, Bike to work etc
• Earn up to £1000 for recommending a friend to work for us
• Birthday cards every year- we celebrate everything
• The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
• Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scene, we can help you to move and provide relocation support.