An exciting opportunity has arisen for Patient Appointment Officer to join the Dermatology Team at Wexham Park Hospital Slough. The post holder will be expected to undertake a variety of tasks across all aspects of appointment bookings, rescheduling of appointments and various Secretarial duties. The successful candidate will be expected to work independently and also as part of a team.
- good communication skills with patients, health professionals and fellow admin teams alike
- a flexible approach to work; the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- an eye for detail even when working under pressure
- willingness to understand patient pathways for the medical speciality and the administration systems associated
- an awareness of local and national NHS targets including the 18 Week Referral to Treatment Targets
Full training will be given to the successful candidate in electronic systems such as the Patient Management System (iPM), national E-Referral Service.
This post is an excellent opportunity to develop skills working within the outpatient booking team.
The Team operates from Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00 to cover the service.
This advert closes on Saturday 24 Apr 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident