Our Stroke team at Calderdale Royal Hospital is recruiting a Band 6 Occupational Therapists on a one year, fixed-term basis to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will join the team to deliver rehabilitation to stroke survivors whilst in an acute hospital setting. A seamless pathway of care between the hospital and home will facilitate timely discharge from hospital, and ensure that patients receive care at the right time, in the right place.
We are looking for a skilled, dynamic and motivated clinician to join our Stroke team. You must be available to deliver care across a 7 days service.
The main duties of this job can be viewed in the job description and include:
• To apply evidence based knowledge within the specialist clinical area acquired through experience and academic study to a specialist post graduate level.
• To act as a resource and provide advice for, other professionals and colleagues within the MDT about the assessment, treatment, management and care of patients / clients who have suffered a stroke.
• To work collaboratively with health and social care colleagues in acute aand community settings.
• To work with other members of the MDT to ensure effective care pathways and transfer of care / discharges.
• To work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary manner within the MDT, being able to debate the blurring of boundaries across professions and where competent take on aspects of blurred boundary working, where appropriate.
• To develop specialist programmes of assessment, treatment and intervention for patients within acute care.
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is a leader in the digital health revolution. With the launch of a full Electronic Patient Record in 2017 the Trust aims to be the safest, most efficient and patient centred Trust in the NHS. The Through working at CHFT you can be part of this innovative area aiming to bring safer and more effective care to our patients.
CHFT is open to considering a wide range of flexible working arrangements. If you have some particular requirements, please make sure you state these during the applicant process to allow these to be discussed and considered at interview stage.
CHFT is part of the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT), a collaborative of the NHS hospital trusts from across West Yorkshire and Harrogate working together to provide the best possible care for our patients.
This advert closes on Sunday 25 Apr 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident