Fundraiser & Office Worker
16 April 2021
16 May 2021
Dawat e islami UK
Apply for this job
Dawat-e-Islami, a renowned global Islamic charitable organisation with centres throughout the UK, is looking to recruit fundraising staff to join their enthusiastic and highly motivated team. Dawat-e-Islami is growing rapidly and needs highly skilled and motivated individuals to further its aim of self-rectification. We offer a vibrant mix of cultures within the organisation which promotes community cohesion. Being part of Dawat-e-Islami will help you develop your spirituality to lead your life harmoniously and make a significant contribution to the society.
You will get the opportunity to work for one of the largest Islamic Charitable Organisations in the United Kingdom. The charity is led by individuals with high level of experience and expertise in their field. We have very supportive management team who will look after you very well.
Safeguarding Statement: Dawat-e-Islami is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks. The procedures include questioning at interview stage, verification of appropriate qualification, acquiring references, and necessary safety checks.
• Distribute donation boxes to prospective donors (businesses, shops, homes etc.)
• Collect donation boxes from designated areas
• Keep record of all donation boxes distributed and collected and produce daily work sheets
• Producing routes for fundraisers (from the donor data) using the template provided
• Produce weekly and monthly reports for donation boxes (picked/distributed)
• Manage stock of donation boxes
• Producing reports of any damaged or stolen donation boxes
• Submission of Time sheets for the team members
• Updating of donor data base
• Sorting of cash and producing bank deposit slips
• Depositing the donations in the bank
• Full UK driving license and access to personal car
• Implementation of Data Protection rules (training will be given) to maintain confidentiality
• Competent in use of Microsoft Office suite and operation of Windows based systems
• Passionate about raising achievement and providing the best possible service
• Ability to work on own initiative and identify new opportunities
• Ability to relate well to young people and adults
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Participate in ongoing training for continued professional development (organisational & professional)
• Self-motivated, organised and professional
• Portray a positive attitude
• Good knowledge of the area
• Good interpersonal skills, courteous and friendly manners
• Ongoing training will be provided
• A team of highly enthusiastic individuals will be working with you to assist, support and guide
• Opportunity to work for an organisation with sound grounds and well-known presence in the community
• Highly competitive remuneration package available for the right candidate
• Candidates will be shortlisted using the job description and personal specifications
• References will be taken up (at least one from the previous employer)
• Clarifications will be sought on any discrepancies
• Either face-to-face or telephone interview will be conducted
• Any offers made will be subject to a clear enhanced DBS check and completion of mandatory e-modules prior to starting the job
Education: GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
Language: English (Required)
Hours of work: Part-time/Full-time with flexible option. May involve weekend work
Pay: Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
Holiday entitlement: Pro Rata
Next Steps: After receiving the application, strong candidates will be interviewed. Successful candidates will be given a conditional offer.
Start Date: As soon as clear enhanced DBS is received, and Mandatory online modules have been completed by the candidate.
Application packs will be e-mailed to interested individuals.
Data Protection Statement: Your data will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (GDPR), and all applicable laws and regulations relating to Processing of Personal Data and privacy, including where applicable the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner.
Apply for this job