Join us as a Customer Service Associate, Fraud payments
- We’ll look to you to deliver successful outcomes for your customers by investigating their queries and understanding their needs relating to fraud and scams
- You’ll be liaising with customers and businesses to accurately collect information in order to solve their queries
- You’ll be able to showcase your knowledge and enthusiasm as you deal with a variety of different customers on a daily basis
- We’re offering a starting salary of £22,275 and we’ll provide you with full training to help you succeed in your role
What you'll do
As a Customer Service Associate, you’ll be responding to queries from customers promptly and tactfully within our SLAs. We’re looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills to listen to our customers, develop relationships with them and maintain an understanding of their needs at all times.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Inbound and outbound calls to customers relating to fraud and scams
- Authorising and investigating all transactions to our KPIs
- Collecting the required information from the customers and businesses
- Reviewing processes which could be automated or enhanced to improve the customer and business experience
The skills you'll need
In order to excel in this role, you’ll have customer service or retail experience along with customer and industry knowledge. You’ll work well in a fast-paced environment and have good organisational skills to deliver to deadlines.
You’ll need to be comfortable having difficult conversations and challenging customers, and you’ll have the ability to ask the right probing questions. Experience in a banking environment would be helpful, but not essential.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Telephony experience
- Good attention to detail
- An awareness of changes in trends, policies and regulations
- The ability to interpret information and provide analysis and solutions to support continuous improvement
- An understanding of our industry and its customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work are likely to be between 8am and 8pm and will include weekends. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview.
Some Bank Holiday working will also be a part of this role.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £22,275 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £22,275 and in addition you’ll receive money to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.