Base Location: Leeds
Salary: £competitive + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Thanks to continued expansion, SSE Contracting have a new opportunity for a Working Foreman to join their Street Lighting division in Leeds.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Represent the business during the construction phase of projects through liaison with Site representatives.
- Day to day supervision of site operatives on street lighting / highways projects
- Ensure sub-contractors carry out works in accordance with contractual requirements and SSE policies and procedure
- Ensure the Health and Safety of the teams on site through robust Risk assessment and Engagement
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in supervision of highway / street lighting works within a safety critical industry. Ideally this will be at duty holder level.
- Engineering and construction knowledge including safety and CDM regulations.
- An understanding of project planning and in particular tracking progress against agreed plans.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the capability of representing the project internally and externally.
- Experience in, working on the highway in a street lighting environment, operating a lorry mounted crane (HIAB) and mobile elevated work platforms MEWP would be advantageous when applying for this role.
- Applicants will ideally hold a NRASWA, and other appropriate vocational qualifications (G39, Hiab, Mini digger).
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 0141 224 7587.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.