Senior epidemiologist global pharmaceutical company. Strategy, real world evidence, data, SAS & R. London
Your new company
You'll be joining a top tier biotech who are investing heavily in their epidemiology teams to support a number of upcoming launches, providing plenty of opportunity to get involved in a wide range of projects. The company is one of the leaders in the field of oncology and cardiovascular disease and are very science focused, demonstrated by the fact they spent over $4 Billion dollars on R&D last year.
Your new role
You will be joining a cross-functional team of epidemiologists, statisticians, programmers, clinicians & outcomes researchers to design, manage and analyse large scale prospective and retrospective studies across global populations.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design, delivery and management of large-scale observational studies to analyse observational data, eg from literature reviews, EMRs, physician surveys, etc.
- Inputting into overall research strategy across a portfolio;
- Working on both prospective and retrospective pan-European and Global studies
- Liaising with senior global stakeholders on study design and project needs;
- Utilising data from large databases, such as THIN or CPRD;
- Working closely with stakeholders in health economics/HTA, outcomes research, market access and medical departments
- Providing insight and analysis for the assessment of medicines, eg for efficacy studies or pricing & reimbursement dossiers.
This is initially a 12 month contract, that can extend.
What you'll need to succeed
Alongside excellent communication and organisational skills, you should have:
- An MSc (or equivalent experience) in epidemiology, statistics, health economics, mathematics or a related subject. Higher degrees, ie PhD are preferred for this position;
- Significant experience of working on observational / epidemiological / Phase IV studies;
- Experience using research studies to support drug development projects;
- A track record of working with large clinical / medical data sets;
- Experience working with large databases, eg CPRD, THIN, EMRs or disease registries;
- Experience of designing and managing large epidemiology / outcomes / medical studies;
- A publication record within observational research / epidemiology.
Candidates with direct experience of working for the pharmaceutical or CRO industry are at an advantage for this position.
What you'll get in return
The chance to work on a number of exciting projects, in an innovative team with a highly collaborative working atmosphere, and a generous pay rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on 0203 465 0057.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Keywords: epidemiology, epidemiologist, observational, research, scientist, science, statistics, statistician, programmer, programming, real, world, evidence, outcomes, RWE, data, SAS, R, genetic, population, clinical, trial, study, studies, literature, review, insight, treatment, EMR, medical, record, pharmaceutical, rare, disease, therapy