The Department and role purpose
We are seeking to appoint a Learning and Teaching Manager who will provide support for the Director of Natural Sciences and the Director of Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Taught Programmes (IPGT). Moreover, the Faculty Learning and Teaching Manager will support with the delivery and development of the Data Science programme and the development of further Faculty-led interdisciplinary programmes.
- Contribute to strategic projects and initiatives, working with the Director of Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Taught (PGT) and other colleagues to inform planning and developments in line with the Faculty strategy.
- Manage specific projects to develop and enhance teaching and learning opportunities, particularly the development of new programmes.
- Provide leadership and management for all administration aspects of programme delivery and/or processes ensuring a high quality and timely service to all stakeholders, including prospective, existing and past students and staff, ensuring that robust and secure systems are in place to ensure programme delivery to the highest standards, whilst meeting appropriate deadlines.
- Liaise with central administration teams, particularly Student Registry with regard to timetabling, examinations, etc., Careers and Employability Service, Alumni Office.
- Oversee the process for PGT student engagement, dealing with complaints and complex issues, with referral and signposting to University services where appropriate and acting as disability representative.
- Within the context of the Recruiting the Next Generation of Students programme, liaise with the Student Recruitment and Admissions Office to ensure that those with admissions responsibility within the Faculty are working effectively with support services to recruit and select the most appropriate candidates.
- Oversee and support the delivery of open events, recruitment fairs, and visits, including working with the Directors to ensure the maintenance of a distinctive web and social media presence
- Manage and monitor performance and workload outcomes and/or staff e.g. line managing the Faculty PGT Coordinator, planning cover to ensure smooth service provision through peaks and troughs.
- Analyse and evaluate student feedback and provide reports and statistical data to Senior Management, identifying areas for improvement and making recommendations to inform future strategy
- Be a recognised source of expertise, providing advice to stakeholders in relation to University, and/or Faculty policy, procedures and regulations, representing the Director of Interdisciplinary PGT at relevant Committees etc.
- Ensure the review and improvement of systems and procedures in line with University and Faculty framework.
- Ensure regulations and procedures are updated to take account of internal and external changes.
- Coordinate and oversee committee working, acting as Secretary to the Board of Examiners, providing advice and support to the Board and external examiners, demonstrating a detailed knowledge and understanding of assessment rules, regulations and procedures, and providing support for appeals and assessment irregularities.
- Maintain awareness of the external environment and sector best practice to support high quality services.
- Ensure the Faculty's profile, integrity and quality is maintained through good customer care practices.
- Anticipate changes in the needs of the students and ensure that support mechanisms are established, maintained and developed to meet and manage student expectations.
- Contribute to the review of programmes, e.g. participating in the annual review of taught programmes, managing the curriculum review process.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident