Meeting Point Trust Ltd is a well-established charity based at Meeting Point House in Southwater Square at the centre of the Telford Town Centre - Food Quarter.
We are a forward-thinking charity and are looking to enhance our catering services including the relaunch of our onsite café – The Hummingbird Cafe and the development and delivery of community cookery projects and activities.
The Community Chef is a new post, and we are looking to recruit someone who will fit into a fast-paced environment.
We are seeking to appoint a capable chef who is confident in cooking a range of hearty cuisines with a genuine interest in sustainable food and experience of working in a challenging environment.
In addition to supporting the café you will be responsible for the organisation and delivery of food-based activities for a range of people and community groups. You will have creative and enterprising ideas, a desire to inspire people and a great determination to make a difference.
Main Areas of Accountability:
• Coordinate and facilitate cookery events and activities both at Meeting Point House and the wider community.
• Support in the development and delivery of menus that are both healthy and nutritious, considering potential dietary requirements and other specific needs.
• Support with the daily production and serving of high-quality, well presented meals in the café and in the community projects.
• Whilst on shift be responsible for systems and procedures that support the running of the kitchen in line with Environmental Health and Health and Safety regulations.
• Maintain records as appropriate.
• Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation systems.
• Support recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers.
• Flexible approach to working hours.
• Interest in local, seasonal, sustainable food and local growing projects.
• Confidence to work with diverse and vulnerable groups of people.
• Manage delegated project budgets effectively, ensuring cost-efficient production and delivery of the activities and courses.
• Manage ordering, storage, and stock rotation of food.
• Ensure that day-to-day tasks and routines are carried out to contribute to the smooth running of all food related activities.
• Be responsible for consistently producing high quality products.
• To provide a conducive learning environment.
• To work as part of the Meeting Point Trust Team and to support and understand the needs of the local community.
• To promotes the values of Meeting Point Trust Ltd.
• To work constructively and effectively with partners, groups, and organisations.
• To work effectively with all other team members to achieve their goals.
• To provide an excellent learning environment.
• To undertake duties in line with the job purpose and charity ethos.
Salary: £18,327 (Pro rata)
Hours: 25 – 30 per week. – Flexible to cover the core operating hours: Monday – Thursday 8.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m.
Friday/Saturday 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
A flexible approach to working hours will be required to develop the role.
Contract type: Initially temporary for six months.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident