Analytical Chemist required on a 5 month temporary contract, based in Cheshire West. Requiring previous experience in chemical analysis - with strong wet chemistry skills and GC (Gas Chromatography) experience.
£30,000 per annum (pro-rata)
5 month temporary contract, immediate start, paid weekly.
A well-know, multinational chemicals manufacturer we are currently working with in Cheshire West is looking for an experienced Analytical Chemist to join the team on a 5 month temporary contract. The role will involve supporting the R&D hub and Process Development Team with non-routine analysis and characterisation of reaction products using wet chemistry techniques, GC and LC. This would be a great opportunity for an individual with well-developed analytical skills - particularly in Gas Chromatography.
Benefits: Immediately available role, working as part of a dynamic team in a business with an excellent reputation. 38 working hours, 8.40am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday. 28 days holiday, increasing to 33 days after 3 months.
Role / Description
- Conducting non-routine analysis and characterisation of intermediates and reaction productions using wet chemistry techniques, GC and LC.
- Accurately interpreting and reporting analytical results to support the Process Development and R&D teams
- Supporting analytical method development projects for satellite laboratories
- Calibrating equipment and validating methods as necessary
- Regular interaction with senior chemists and the Process Development team
- Immediate availability or short notice
- Proven industrial, analytical experience with Gas Chromatography (GC) and good wet chemistry skills
- Minimum HND in Chemistry or similar, degree qualification preferred
- Genuine team player and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemist, analyst, analytical, analysis, characterisation, GC, GC-MS, GCMS, GC-FID, GC-TCD, GC-ECD, gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, laboratory, lab, wet chemistry, bench techniques, non-routine testing, QC, contract testing, chemicals, reaction, synthetic products, intermediates