We are recruiting for an Electronic Design Engineer to join our Engineering Team developing a wide range of electronics control systems related to precision automated motion control and position feedback for deployment in the photonics industry.
• Design new and improve existing electronic designs for precision motion control and vibration isolation systems
• Use concurrent engineering techniques to achieve best possible design solutions
• Produce detailed specifications of new products through extensive testing and characterisation activities
• Brainstorm, discuss and review technical challenges with team members, sub-contractors, suppliers and manufacturing departments to find root cause and resolution to the problems
• Ensure Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) is implemented in the design
• Ensure Design for Compliance is implemented in the design
• To make sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating conditions
• Planning and overseeing the product development and ensure deadlines are met
• Consider implications of issues such as cost creep, compliance, safety and time constraints and apply strategies to minimise them
• Working collaboratively with other departments to ensure complete knowledge transfer of products into production
Essential Requirements and Qualifications
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• Proven hands-on experience of electronics product design digital and analogue
• Experience in analogue design: low noise, high bandwidth amplify design, closed loop design
• Experience in digital design: servo loop design and modelling, control, and data acquisition systems
• Experience in embedded software development in assembler and C
• Experience on PCB layout design (Altium desirable)
Hours: Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week
We do have the right to close this position early should we get a high volume of applications
*Contributed Pension Scheme
*Group Life Cover
*Private Health Care
*Group Income Protection & more.
Please apply through the Apply for this job button including your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations.
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must have a valid permission to enter or remain in the UK with no condition that prevents them from working in the UK. Documented evidence of such permission will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident