Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Healthcare Assistant in our Cambridge Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
Our state of the art hospital, is central Cambridge's premium private hospital, boasting an Outstanding CQC score and offer a full range of medical and surgical specialties.With expertise in Cancer care and Cancer surgery, Orthopaedic surgery (including robotic surgery), Neurosurgery, Cardiology as well as specialist Paediatric services. Backed by the latest diagnostic imaging facilities including wide bore MRI and CT scanning, we offer immediate assessment and expert diagnosis. Hosital facilities include 3 state of the art digits theatres, 36 beds, Daycase theatre/endoscopy suite, private consultation rooms, close monitoring units, Chemotherapy suite, On-site registered pharmacy, Diagnostic scanning unit and a Pathology laboratory.
As a Healthcare Assistant in our Theatres you will;
- Create a great experience for patients undergoing major and minor surgeries in our theatres.
- Put their care first, you will have more time to care for them as individual people, not just as patients.
- Be in a key role within a fast-paced environment where the team will rely on your support.
To succeed as a Healthcare Assistant you will;
- Be a highly motivated individual.
- Enjoy working in places that are constantly and rapidly changing.
- Have lots of empathy for people and will find the challenges of theatre work fascinating.
- Ideally be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or 3, but that's not essential as we can provide training.
- Bring great communication skills to the role, and a flexible approach to both your duties and your hours.
* Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
* Access to our Pension Scheme.
* Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - Up to £12 per hour, depending on experience
Closing date - 13/05/2021
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident