We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Oversees and coordinates activities and staff responsible for function, usability, and system testing for software systems and products. Help strengthen our Software Testing team as Test Manager within Capita Software - Digital Development Centre-DDC Team.
Location - Currently Remote-Based with gradual return to office either from our Reading office or Bury St Edmunds.
You will develop detail plans and test cases; executes and reports on results. Programme Test Strategies, Plans and Completion Reports; maintain technical documentation relating to test automation; Selects tools and techniques for testing every aspect of a software system. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment and procedures; defines new testing requirements as needed. Selects and implements tools for automated testing and test-case development. Supervises team members responsible for testing and inspection of products to determine compliance with specifications.
What you'll be doing:
• Ensure the efficient and timely delivery of cost effective, robust software solutions;
• Build a supportive and high performing team;
• Provide leadership ensuring the team uses appropriate testing practices;
• Represent testing within the workstream, tracking task progress and resolving issues;
• Creation of Test Tasks from which the testers work, including low level effort estimates;
• Invest in continual improvements to tooling and test efficiency and effectiveness;
• Collaborate with team leads within the delivery organisation e.g. Architects, BAs and Developers to ensure common understandings, to identify and close any requirement, acceptance criteria or design gaps;
• Provide support during go-live events as required;
• Estimates for all low-level Test tasks, in the format prescribed for the monthly DDC reporting;
• Accurate and up to date data in Task tickets for consumption by the monthly DDC progress reporting;
• Provide daily status updates to the development manager;
• Provide the requisite input to development managers to support programme reporting;
• Automated tests, integrated into the build pipelines;
• Evidence of effective use of peer reviews, considering test effectiveness and automated test efficiency on all software deliverables;
• Maintained technical documentation relating to test automation;
What we're looking for:
• Degree or relevant professional accreditation (e.g. ISTQB Certified Tester Expert Level - Test Manager); or relevant work experience;
• Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD); Selenium Testing; Test Management; Test Management Tools; Test Project Management
• Strong testing experience in a variety of contexts;
• Evidence of proven strong leadership skills encompassing demonstrable emotional intelligence;
• A strong desire and aptitude to continually develop technical knowledge, skills and abilities as technology evolves;
• A systematic and analytical approach to problem solving;
• Familiarity with working practices such as continuous integration and DevOps;
• Good verbal communication and presentation skills including the ability to explain technical matters to a nontechnical audience;
• Ability to communicate at all levels (as required);
• Ability to deal with a demanding workload which may include conflicting demands on time;
About Capita Digital Development Centre UK & I:
Capita Digital Development Centre are specialists in the design, delivery, and support of the business-critical applications and databases that transform the way you do business.
We are experts in delivering peace of mind. With agile, scalable solutions and by transforming legacy applications and databases, we ensure you can react to the demands of your customers with a seamless service, no matter the challenge.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• On Call support Allowance
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident