A new and exciting permanent role has been created at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, PFI for a seasoned Maintenance Team Leader within the Hard FM team. You will be responsible for leading a team of 7 engineers to coordinate the repair, maintenance or installation of all plant, equipment, systems and building structure/fabric associated with the premises, administered by the PFI Estates department, in line with best practice, statutory compliance and service level agreements as detailed in the project’s FM Service Contract. The post holder is required to have significant core experience and qualifications working on various types of Mechanical HVAC plant, Air Handling units, Air conditioning system, chillers, commercial boilers and general plumbing associated systems.
The post holder will be required to undertake the role within 40-hour week.
What’s in it for you?
- Fixed shift 8am – 5pm
- Career progression, development and training opportunities
- Expanding Hard FM team
- A Newly created role, you can make your own
- Competitive salary - £32,000 – £38,000
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to complete Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance
£32,000 - £38,000 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much moreMain Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Have specialist skills and experience within the maintenance environment.
- Management of Contractors including permit control and inductions.
- Use of IT systems to include the CAFM
- Carry out Planned Maintenance
- Manuals and current legislation
- Supporting the Engineering Management team
- Ensuring services comply in accordance with the Project Agreement
- The management of a reactive maintenance service during both normal operating hours and outside operating hours of the hospital
- Maintain formal and informal communication with Trust managers related to services activities/ working group
- Provision of guidance and advice to craftsmen in order to develop skills and improve effectiveness.
- Ensuring a safe working environment, making sure that the SSOW (Safe Systems Of Work) and RA (Risk Assessments) are followed
- Provide technical and professional support to all staff, colleagues, Engineering Supervisors and to Trust officers in order to develop a “team” approach.
- Delivery of service specific on the job training for employees within the Hard FM function
- To represent Hard FM in applicable working groups and meetings
- Provide technical engineering advice and support for the maintenance of equipment, fabric and utility services for the PFI estate.
- Ability to affect a hands-on approach when required.
- Cross collaborative stakeholder management
- Analysing reports and organizing remedial works.
About The Company
- Extensive experience in building services and plant engineering.
- Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
- Good understanding of business planning and effective resource management.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to organise others.
- The ability to listen to others understand and interpret their views analysis and provided advice/solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non –technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely and effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation.
- Must be able to set and negotiate priorities for themselves and others, and subsequently programme workload to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Able to concentrate and focus on a range of issues.
- Proven leadership and line management skills and ability to motivate and develop staff.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.