We are looking for a part time HR Advisor to join our dedicated COVID 19 Test Centres team on a 12 months fixed term contract to provide remote HR support for a multi-site operation.
In this role you will be responsible for providing an effective, efficient and professional support and advice service to the operational management team. You will support Line Managers with full case management and administrative support on ER issues including suspensions, investigations, disciplinary, grievance and absence. This is the ideal role for someone who is wanting to expand their knowledge within HR and gain invaluable experience.
To be successful in this role you will have strong working knowledge of current employment legislation and excellent customer service and communication skills to provide a responsive and customer centred approach to service delivery. This role will involve working weekends, but flexible working hours will be available for the successful candidate.
Sodexo has been working alongside the Department for Health and Social Care and its NHS test and trace team since early 2020 when the pandemic first emerged. We now run over 150 test centres across the UK, delivering with certainty.
Rise with Sodexo
Part time 12mth fixed term
£27,000 pro rata
Home based with flexible working options available
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much moreMain Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Provision of ER Guidance & Support in line with current legislation & Sodexo policy
- Administration of ER & Absence Management related activities
- Monthly reporting or HR activity within Test Centres
- Support line managers remotely with general advice, ensuring all advice complies with legislation and is in line with Company/ Segment specific policies and processes
- Provide guidance and practical advice to line managers on how to manage formal and informal ER issues in line with the Company policy, where necessary escalate any serious or final stage ER issues to HRBP
- Co-ordinate the sickness absence procedure using Sodexo policy as appropriate, working with Operational Managers to identify and manage their short and long term sickness cases
- Ensure line managers are clear on how to conduct meetings, including advice on meeting preparation and how meetings should be chaired and concluded
- Proactively monitor Test Centre ER tracker to ensure cases are prioritised, escalated where necessary and support is provided to Managers as soon as possible, with breaches communicated to HRBP
- Support Operational Teams with pay queries and case managing queries related to Maternity, Paternity, Long Term Sickness and Flexible working
- Provide Sodexo Legal & HRBP with case file coordination relevant to Early Conciliations & Employment Tribunals, within agreed timeframes
- Provide hands on support to other Test Centre People Teams (L&D & Resourcing) when required e.g. during absences, peak times and on ad hoc projects
- Experience of providing HR advice in line with relevant policies and legislation
- Strong working knowledge of current employment legislation and its application in the workplace
- Understanding of regulatory bodies, governing policies and their impact to ER issues
- Experience of unionised environments, settlement agreements and Employment Tribunals
- Well organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage high volume of case work and queries to meet deadlines
- Accurate data entry skills with excellent attention to detail and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Pro active and practical approach to problem solving ensuring a positive outcome
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes
Where we can be flexible:
About The Company
- Experience of working within a Healthcare environment
- Experience and understanding of restructuring, mobilisation, M&A, TUPE transfers etc
- Understanding of HR systems/technology / SAP HR / CRM
- Experience of Payroll
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.