We're continuing to adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19.
Wherever possible, all interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.
Capita colleagues are only permitted to work from one of our offices where there is an essential reason for them to do so.
Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19.
The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time. Becoming a Revenues Inspector with Capita Local Government
Location: Home-based, with travel around the Lambeth area
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Driving license with access to a vehicle is essential as you will be expected to travel around the London Borough of Barnet.
Our world class Local Government Services team supports local councils to improve outcomes and focus on what matters in their communities. Managing tax and other revenue collection, benefits payments, building control support, IT networks, accounting and much more - we make it easier for council teams to concentrate on front line services.
We care about helping local councils to transform and make every penny matter to ensure front line services are protected as part of their citizens charter to ensure that people live and prosper.
We're now seeking an enthusiastic individual with a confident attitude to work within a busy and friendly as a Revenues Inspector. You will be competent in the use of computers with the ability to absorb and retain detailed information and with good customer service skills. The role will often require you to work alone and will involve travel either through the use of your own vehicle or using public transport within the London area.
You will be provided with full training and guidance and will be required to undertake council tax and business rates within the London Borough of Lambeth.
What you'll be doing:
• Visits to both domestic and commercial properties
• Arranging appointments with Landlords, agents, home and business owners, etc to gain access to premises (when COVID restrictions allow)
• Liaising with other agencies eg; The Valuation office Agency and other departments within the Council
• Regular inspections of properties or sites that have been given planning permission to carry out works that will affect either database.
• To provide reports that assist towards keeping both the Council Tax and NNDR databases up to date
• To establish liability, entitlement to exemptions, discounts and reliefs.
What we're looking for
• Good communication skills
• Good presentation skills
• Able to work with a high level of accuracy and thoroughness
• Computer literate
• GCSE Maths and English - Grade C or above
• Working knowledge of NNDR and/or Council Tax is desirable
• Knowledge of Academy or Northgate revenues Applications is desirable
• Experience of undertaking unaccompanied visits to residents and Businesses in accordance with laid down procedures and safety guidelines is desirable
What's in it for you?
• A great basic salary
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• Opportunity to work from home
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident