Royal Mail is recruiting for Class 1 (C + E) LGV Drivers at Heathrow Distribution Centre, Slough.
Job reference number 196372
Do you have a Large Goods Vehicle Class 1 licence? Do you enjoy being on the road but without the burden of overnight stays?
Royal Mail is one of the UK’s best-loved brands. Every day, we’re delivering letters and parcels to people around the country; something that communities across the UK rely on. We are 150,000 strong with 500 years of history, and we wear our badge with pride. Now, we want you to wear it too.
About the role
Our drivers are an integral part of our business, collecting and transporting mail from our different sites and moving it to the next stage of the process.
As one of our team, you’ll drive on fixed routes across the UK making deliveries on time, while maintaining the security of your load and the condition of your vehicle. With no multi-drops, you’ll also be required to load and unload your vehicle.
- Independent: You’ll enjoy being on the road, ensuring millions of letters and parcels reach their destination every year.
- Customer Service: Enthusiastic and committed to supporting businesses and connecting communities.
- Resilience: Able to work under pressure, you’ll also act as a friendly face that people know and trust.
- Punctual and reliable: With colleagues and customers relying on you, you’ll be driven to complete your deliveries safely and to good time.
- Flexibility: Able to work a variety of shifts, across a 24 hours per day/7 days a week shift pattern, including weekends and bank holidays.
Driving licence requirements
You will hold a full valid C + E manual UK driving licence (LGV Class 1) in your current address, with less than 6 penalty points. In addition, you will hold a current valid CPC licence and have an up to date DCPC training record.
Pay and benefits
We offer an industry-leading pay and benefits package.
Salary: £33,335 per annum pro rata.
Hours: 36:15 hours (full time)
Other benefits include:
- 22 days holiday per year increasing with service (pro-rata) plus 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme after qualifying period
- Payment of shift allowances for working unsocial hours
- Full uniform provided
- Corporate discounts
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Excellent maternity/paternity leave benefits policy
Please be aware, if your application for this role is successful, you will have to provide work references which cover the previous 5 years.
Please also be aware that if you have been resident outside the UK continuously in a single country for 6 months or over in the last 5 years you will be required to provide and pay for a criminal record check from that country before your application will be considered further.
Please note once our maximum number of applications has been reached, this vacancy will be withdrawn.
We’re more than a household name. Using technology and logistics, we’re delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK – everything from birthday presents to exam results. This means you’ll make a difference to people’s lives, every day.
Our postal workers are part of the community. We don’t just deliver post: we deliver a promise. No matter the location, we make it to that doorstep – and we make our customers smile. It might seem like a little thing but, together, we have a big impact.
Royal Mail Group delivered by people for people.
We’re also an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at our heart. We welcome applications from individuals of all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a Royal Mail employee, please ensure you apply via the internal careers site
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident