Warehouse Operatives - Pickers - Newmarket
14 April 2021
14 May 2021
Turners (Soham) Ltd
Apply for this job
Turners (Soham) Ltd is a privately owned, market leader in warehousing and distribution. A 24/7 operation that provides a range of services to the retail, food service and wholesale sectors nationwide. Due to continuous expansion, Turners (Soham) Ltd is currently looking for multiple Warehouse Operatives to join our Chillstore Departments. This roles will be based at Newmarket on the following shift pattern;
7 on 7 off (Days) – from 6am until 6pm – Pickers
Successful candidates will be able to work within a fast paced physically demanding environment and ideally have previous experience with Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP), such as pallet trucks (manual and electric), barrow trucks, forklift trucks (counterbalance/reach).
With the expansion of our Warehouses happening in the near future, there is plenty of opportunities for progression and development. Full training will be provided to the right candidate.
Picker Duties Include:
- Gather and pile boxes onto a pallet as per the customer’s order;
- Working within a +2° C warehouse chamber;
- Using handheld scanners to scan products;
- Loading and unloading refrigerated trailers using pallet and barrow trucks;
- Driving a Pallet Truck to store away or collect required stock;
- Working as part of a team to ensure deadlines are met;
- Completing all relevant paperwork and documentation;
- Adhering to the Health & Safety Legislation, ensuring highest level of tidiness and cleanliness.
Turners will provide you with:
- Secure employment;
- Competitive earnings;
- Work based pension scheme;
- Uniform and PPE equipment;
- Continuous development and opportunity for progression.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Turners (Soham) Ltd.
What happens next?
Your application will be sent to the relevant recruiting manager for review. If you are shortlisted for an interview you will be contacted between 1 – 2 weeks. If you do not hear back within this time frame please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this job